Monday, March 14, 2011

Still Learning

I've learned a great deal in the last week or so. I've learned that when you are up 10pts with :45 secs to go, the game is not over, ask any UVA fan...if you can find one right now. I've learned that people making huge decisions concerning our state standardized tests don't really seem to think letting teachers and parents know about or even see these tests is that important. I've learned yes you can in fact teach in almost total darkness. I've learned that despite the concerns we have as teachers about the future of our schools and kids, some people out there still want to join up. I've learned that there is a great deal going on in the world. Some of these events make you smile, some make you scratch your head and some make you cry. Being a teacher can allow you(or cause you) to experience all of these emotions, sometimes simultaneously.

Thinking about the piece of the world I spend so much time in I was reminded of an old SNL skit on teaching a history class.


No comments:

Post a Comment